Sunday, September 18, 2011

Once. An ode to personal history and irrelevance

Once I ate organic peanut butter.
Once I investigated the innards of a cat, and did not shudder.
Once I tried to sleep upside down.
Once I moved to a new town.
Once I tried to knit a pair of socks.
Once I took up collecting rocks.
Once I walked six miles on my knees.
Once I made a souvenir out of fallen leaves.
Once I drove head first into a giant snow drift.
Once I held out my hand for another to uplift.
Once I loved someone I'd not yet kissed.
Once I threw my phone at someones head, and missed.
Once I gave birth to a dismembered fetus.
Once I made out in the back of a school bus.
Once I believed in sin.
Once I lied my way out of a psych ward, which made sense, since I lied my way in.
Once I knew what fiction was
But eventually it all became fuzz
Once I understood everything but didn't try
and couldn't die
But now I know better...

We are just a bunch of narcissistic assholes, trying to get by.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really inspired! May I flatter you sincerely with imitation?

    ReplyDelete